2. First-party and third-party cookies Our Website uses both first-party and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are set by our Website. When you visit the Website, you may also receive cookies from third party websites or domains. We endeavour to identify these cookies before they are used so that you can decide whether or not you wish to accept them. More information about these third-party cookies is given right below, as well as on the relevant third party's website.
• Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to help us understand how our Website is used. Information about your use of our Website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to Google and stored on their servers. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Website. Google Analytics relies on cookies to identify users through a tracking code (user ID).Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? The information these cookies collect may indeed include personal data since it may include your IP address, login information, browser type, operating system, the full URLs, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our Services. To learn more about Google Analytics cookie usage click here: https://policies.google.com/privacy.To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• Shopify is an e-commerce platform through which Ahooga operates its e-shop. Cookies may be installed by Shopify on your device to ensure the proper functioning of our e-shop. To learn more about Shopify’s cookie usage, you can click here: https://www.shopify.ca/legal/cookies.
3. What types of cookies do we use? Cookies may be distinguished based on their purpose:
• Necessary cookies: these cookies are essential to make our Website work correctly. They enable you to move around on our Website and use our features. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of the website, or parts of it; • Analytical cookies: these cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our Website by collecting and reporting information; • Marketing cookies: these cookies are used to track visitors across our Website. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for you, so that the Website be better tailored to your interests and needs.
Cookies may additionally be distinguished on their duration. In terms of duration, we may use two different types of cookies on our Website: • Session Cookies. These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave our Website; or • Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you manually delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings, as stated below).
4. Cookies and consent To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting personal data using cookies or similar automated means. You can give your consent using the Cookie Settings banner accessible upon first visiting the Website or afterwards by using the Cookie Settings tab. You can change or withdraw your consent anytime as set out in the section below.
Below, you will find more detailed information aboutthe cookies we use.